This year is running out fast!
Since Theunis’ return from Uganda in the middle of September our focus was on helping Hardus and Zanelle renovating the house they bought whilst packing and moving into the flat under this house.
We did not anticipate another move but, here we are settling into our new home. We found a family to rent our house in Durbanville and this made it possible for us to move to Welgemoed at the end of October.
This next two months are not very productive for workshops and ministry projects and we will continue to use the rest of the year to find our feet in our new environment.
We will also take time to look back at the past year:
- We resigned at Petra Institute for Children’s Ministry as full time staff members, but we continued our relationship as associate workers.
- We took an extended period out of ministry to for rest and restoration.
- We decided to start our own platform (Stand Firm Enterprises: standfirm.co.za ) to allow us to engage in income generating opportunities and volunteer work through the professional coaching, mentoring, facilitating and teaching services we offer.
- We helped a couple with marriage preparation from a “Strengthsfinder” perspective.
- We did refresher training with “The World needs a Father” and were involved in presenting “Dad’s Talk” and “Mother Design” workshops as associate workers.
- We did “Walking with Wounded Children”- training and counselling in Uganda and Fish Hoek.
- We did work for Kingfisher Mobilising Center in Uganda as associate workers.
We had very little income generating opportunities to date and we will need to evaluate our efforts and make adjustments as needed to position ourselves for 2019.
We will involve the ministry partners who are part of our “Table of Support” but we are open to any feedback and suggestions from any of you.
During October Magda went to Robertson to co-facilitate a Mother Design Workshop. This was her first opportunity to present sections from this workshop. They had around 50 participants from different communities in Robertson. She enjoyed the opportunity and the training went well.
We are in a new season with our family. We missed a lot of developments in the last five years in our children’s lives because of our ministry involvement in Central Asia and at Petra Institute for Children Ministry.
With the new developments we have an opportunity to be close to our children and their spouses. They invited us back into their lives by creating the space for us to move to the flat under their house. Tiaan and Thea-Marie will also move to this house in December and for the foreseeable future we will literally be under one roof!
This is a great joy to us as parents and we thank God that we have the relationships in our family to even consider living under one roof.
Thank you for your continued love and support.
We covet your prayers and would like to hear from you, so that we can pray for you too.