In the past month we discovered a growing desire to be transformed with an ever-increasing capacity to develop a Christ-consciousness. We know that spiritual growth does not equals spiritual transformation. We sense that we are entering a season of transformation where our ability to receive, absorb, contain and reflect more of Christ in a season of harvest will be challenged. In the life-cycle of butterflies, the caterpillar face a challenge as they grow. Their skin cannot grow with them. In order for the caterpillar to grow larger than the skin it had, it must make a new larger skin. The caterpillar does this by growing a new skin underneath the outer skin. When the time is ready the old skin is shed and a new larger skin is exposed. This process is called molting and prepares the way for the full transformation from egg to butterfly!
Spiritual transformation is a process of change through the application of knowledge gained through spiritual growth. We feel that we have shed the old skin and that we can now look forward to continue the process of transformation being changed into His image with ever-increasing glory. This comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:18)
One of the organizations we visited in January 2019 to promote the “Walking with Wounded Children” – training, invited us to come and train 11 volunteers who work daily with traumatised children in their community. This training was presented from 11-15 March in Paarl at the offices of the organization. This was a major breakthrough for us and we trust that this training will set a benchmark that will become a reference point to promote this training to similar organizations. Some of the comments from the participants who attended the training include the following:
- “It is healing to play and as an adult I’ve found healing to play in the sand and to portray my own story.”
- “The importance of a healed community and love and trust is the glue that helps to fix a broken community.”
- “I’ve experienced the touch of God during our sessions. Thank you for this amazing experience and hopefully I can now make that difference though love and education and a sandbox… by God’s grace, I humbly accept this challenge.”
- “I understand trauma better and learned how to help the individual and community.”
- “The knowledge, attitude and skills needed were exercised in a practical way.”
- “The workshop was very insightful and the role plays helped a lot to practice the techniques.”
For a full report visit www.standfirm.co.za/blog : 9 April 2019
On the 7th of March 2019 we had an appointment with the Operational Manager of a network representing 90 organizations working with vulnerable women and children in the Cape Peninsula. As a result, they featured Stand Firm Enterprises in the April newsletter, promoting the Walking with Wounded Children workshop to all the affiliate organizations.
Theunis had 2 more opportunities to do Strengths-coaching using the Gallup StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment. This was good income-generating opportunities and we are grateful.
We are looking forward to spend time with Magda’s parents and siblings during Easter weekend in George.
We will also attend the Missions-weekend hosted by the DRC Vishoek from 26-28 April 2019.
Thank you for your continued love and support.